Tuesday, December 20, 2005

More idle thoughts on the human condition ...

Humans constantly seek a margin for error, be it financially, physically or, most of all, romantically. The young are lucky - after all, they automatically get two: physical and romantic. Thus, they -- sorry, we -- can afford to throw caution to the wind and act on hot blood and impulse.

As you get older, everything gets more and more ... brittle. You get slower, you want to rest, you want comfort and ease -- in the end, you just want to die in a world that vaguely resembles the one you remember growing up in.

Humans constantly seek a margin for error, be it financially, physically or, most of all, romantically. They want to be forgiven for being wrong, not punished for their lack of right. Too bad we live beneath such a merciless cosmos.

That's why family, in the strongest sense of the word, is so precious.

to be continued

3 Comments:

Blogger TheUltimateCyn said...

I may disagree a little here...

"As you get older, everything gets more and more ... brittle. You get slower, you want to rest, you want comfort and ease -- in the end, you just want to die in a world that vaguely resembles the one you remember growing up in."

Correction:
"As you get older, everything gets more and more ... sensual. You get slower (uh, yeah, like Barry White slow), you want to rest (before you begin the 4th round), you want comfort and ease (ok, well, it doesn't have to hurt to work...) -- in the end, you just want to die in a world that vaguely resembles the one you remember growing up in (nah, I grew up in the Detroit 8 mile ghetto...not wanting a world like that again).

I think aging has increased a lot more of my senses, rather than dulled them.

11:36 AM  
Blogger razorsmile said...

That is equally valid. I imagine, like so much else, you get out of it what you put into it.

In my case, getting older will not be even remotely graceful. Going quietly into that good night? Not for me. Calm acceptance of the inevitable? Not for me. Trying to find some peace in this one life that I have to live? I am no Andrew Weil so hell no!



But being 22 right now, what the hell do I know, right? :D

6:35 PM  
Blogger TheUltimateCyn said...

jesus... 22... wow... what a youngun'... lol

"I imagine, like so much else, you get out of it what you put into it." I won't even comment on that - let's just say, I agree on many different levels.

;p~~

10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home