Sunday, November 13, 2005

listpostlist (and so on)

Black Hole Ate My Twin, But It Can't Catch Me.: I'd say there's a war on. You?

Meanwhile, closer to home ...

Heart risk gene hits African Americans hardest: Yeah. Real nice, God. Evolution. Whoever the hell is responsible for all this.

Technical hitch delays Ariane 5: This sucks but at least they're trying, right? Pointless observation: I first heard of these guys in Charles Stross' Accelerando.

Gravity Tug to deflect asteroids: See, now this rocks.

Hormones make women safer drivers : Uh, ok. Whatever helps y'all sleep at night :p

------------------------------

I fully grasp the self-contradiction inherent in what follows. As the saying goes, bite me.

What I'm reading: Just finished Peter Watts' Starfish and Maelstrom. Aside from being a good way to weed the suicidal out of the populace, they're both excellent books. Maelstrom in particular has so many mind's eyeball-kicks in it, you'll be blind by the time you're done. Blind like Saul, nawmsayin'?

What I will be reading: Behemoths β-Max and Seppuku. As soon as I can actually find them.

What I'm writing: Dosojin, a Japanese ghost story (with a, ah, twist) that I really, really should have finished by now (1,850 words thus far, 650 to go),

and The Unbearable Lightness of Being (Fictional), which I like to think of as just plain weird (504 words thus far, final length unknown). Started it yesterday oddly enough.

What I'm listening to: I'm on a late-to-mid-nineties kick right now so, among otherr things, Notorious T.H.U.G.S. by Biggie and Bone Thugs 'n' Harmony. That and I Sho' Will by Lil Wyte, which is considerably more recent.

What else: Hmm, got a job. No further details.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home