Friday, March 10, 2006

Infidelity Allowance - all you have to do is be a millionaire basketball star.



In case you missed what was inarguably the most important sports story of last week (labor, schmabor; we've had work stoppages before) the wife of Utah Jazz forward Andrei Kirilenko told ESPN The Magazine that she has given her husband an allowance of one woman per year.

She said that because women are forever throwing themselves at him and because things that are forbidden only become more desirable, she has told her husband he may have sex outside their marriage one time per year.


"If I know about it," she concluded, "it's not cheating."


I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Laugh because

(a) one a year is clearly insufficient :D

and (b) it amuses me how persistently people in general deny the explicitly Darwinian nature of the universe and women in particular deny their simple k-selecting brains. (Yeah, I went there. Bring it on, ladies.)

Crying on the other hand would be for obvious reasons: I am not a millionaire basketball star and, barring supernatural intervention, never will be. Wealthy writers (assuming I manage that somewhat more possible goal) don't have quite the same cachet with the ladies ... do they?

(Yoinked from Hannibal Tabu's Myspace page.)

2 Comments:

Blogger Mac said...

I don't know about *wealthy* writers, but I haven't noticed anyone throwing themselves at me... :-(

12:55 AM  
Blogger razorsmile said...

Not even Jessica Alba? Awww ...

:D

3:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home