Tuesday, August 09, 2005

NASA: Smoke 'em if you got 'em, folks.

Discovery returns safely to Earth





Never been happier to be wrong.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That said, I stand by my loathing of their policies in general. We should have more space-exploration, not less. If abandoning shuttles is what it takes, then junk them and move on.

Two hours ago, I was reading 2001: A Space Odyssey and tears actually left my eyes. We should have Mars and Moon colonies by now, dammit! Why are these idiots in charge still fighting each other when so much more is possible? How much longer till they find something "... more exciting than war"?

Do I sound naive?

Good. Maybe if we weren't all such cynics and "realists", we'd have a Mars colony by now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home