Thursday, September 28, 2006

This is Bullshit.

"Ugly" Betty? I Think Not.

Normally, I don't notice this sort of thing. My threshold/definition range for beauty is exceedingly wide; for instance, I think Paris Hilton is in fact pretty and sexy. Sue me. I also think Sandra Bernhard is attractive - in the right pose, the right light, when genuinely smiling - sometimes, at any rate.

Point being: this show is being praised for acknowledging inner beauty, sticking it to the hollow, skin-deep aesthetic of the fashion world blah blah blah. Bullshit. This show is a horror. I am truly frightened for the mass psyche of America if:



is what is considered ugly these days. You fools, you dicks, you complete and utter cocks. Ever seen Not Another Teen Movie? Fine, you haven't. There's a scene where the so-called ugly nerd takes off her glasses, shakes loose her hair and is magically a hottie. The joke was that she was just as hot beforehand.

Braces or not, that girl is fine as hell. You all know it. Why, then, are the reviewers tacitly complicit with the creators of this hunter-destroyer psychological attack? Please advise, preferably before I skin my knuckles in pointless inchoate rage.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ritch Hall said...

I'll agree
she is kind of hot

kudos on the "not another teen movie ref"

how can she be hot, she's got those glasses, and that ponytail...

10:40 PM  
Blogger razorsmile said...

Heyhey, you found me here too :D

3:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home