Wednesday, August 02, 2006

You might wanna take a look at this, Mac ...

Global Warming Beer FTW!

A brewery in Greenland is producing beer using water melted from the ice cap of the vast Arctic island.
The brewers claim that the water is at least 2,000 years old and free of minerals and pollutants.

The first 66,000 litres of the new dark and pale ales are on their way to the Danish market.




Drinkers: 1; The Planet: Zero - YES!

Via Warren Ellis, the one and only Internet Jesus. He is your Four-Colour Saviour and you are his Holy Slut. Kneel, bitch!

---------

Memetherapy Interviews Peter Watts on a little book called Blindsight.



The central themes of the book deal with the nature and significance of consciousness, so there's a shitload of neurobiology and cognitive neuroscience packed in there. Also, tired of literary and cinematic aliens that might as well be people in rubber suits or giant bugs in chitin ones, I did a fair bit of research into alternative biologies. (I ended up with an intelligent, brainless organism without genes whose natural habitat is the heart of a cyclotron ...




If you don't buy this book, I will come to your house and beat you into a coma with my forehead. But only after you've been ... convinced to buy the book.

4 Comments:

Blogger razorsmile said...

Uh ... no. I mean, if you haven't already bought it by the time I get to your house, I will force you to buy the book, then lay about you with the frontal area of my skull for not having bought it by the time I got there. Clear? :D

you won't beat us into a coma?

What is this "us" you people keep saying - there's maybe two people who read this thing at most. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

8:17 PM  
Blogger TheUltimateCyn said...

US = beating more than one person... sometimes at the same time, but we won't talk about that.
ahem...

:P~~

10:15 AM  
Blogger razorsmile said...

Hey, don't think you get off easy just because you're you. You also are included in my Internet Of Threats!

:D

sometimes at the same time, but we won't talk about that. ahem...

No no, do lets ... talk about that. Whatever that may be :D

10:28 PM  
Blogger TheUltimateCyn said...

LOL

:P

8:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home