Thursday, April 27, 2006

The World is Full of Soon-to-be-lightsabered Fanfic Writers.

There's nothing wrong with fanfiction. I like it as much as the next guy; hell, probably more! Most of the time, the creators of the original work don't mind; it pretty much counts as free advertising. I know I'd never have heard of Ranma or countless other fandoms without it.

The problem arises when you decide, instead of posting it on livejournal or wherever, to publish it on Amazon* and Barnes and Noble for Chrissake! To make matters nuttier, this Lori Jareo person appears to be employed in in the publishing industry. How could she not know what a colossally bad idea this was?

Sheeeeit, I got no time for this; John Scalzi has the full story here. Enjoy.

*Bwahahahaha! As I type this up, it appears it's been taken down from Amazon. The Barnes and Noble version is still up though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home