Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Fun Clarkisms ...

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic (everybody knows this one)

Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced (corollary to the original)

Any sufficiently complex magic is indistinguishable from technology (I disagree, but hey.)

Any sufficiently badly-written science is indistinguishable from magic. (Aaron Allston, of whom I've never heard)

Any sufficiently advanced scam is indistinguishable from religion (Mac'll love this one. I disagree but again, hey.)

Any sufficiently advanced advanced intelligence is indistinguishable from nature ( Paul Evan Hughes' answer to the Fermi Paradox)

Any sufficiently advanced bureaucracy is indistinguishable from molasses (getting snarky now)

Any sufficiently nice person is indistinguishable from someone who likes you (some livejournal I can't be bothered to remember.)


And, last but not least, my personal contribution:

Any sufficiently complex system is indistinguishable from a mind (Mine! Mine!Mine!MineMineMineMINE!! )

Feel free to contribute.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mac said...

Not bad!

2:40 PM  
Blogger razorsmile said...

I guess I finally have something to say, ey?

Seriously though, I could die happy.

10:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home